Make a ‘Ten Minute’ Slipcase – 9 July
At our next meeting Chris will introduce slipcases and chemises.
When: Saturday 9 July 2022, 9.30am – 12.30pm
Where: Room 3, (COTA) Hughes Community Centre, Hughes, ACT.
‘Ten Minute Slipcase’ – Make your own slipcase. It is quick to make, but takes 40 minutes or more to allow for accurate measuring and cutting.
What to bring:
- A bound book (hand bound or commercial) width 160mm or less
- Your bookbinding kit
- Bone folder
- Metal ruler
- Retractable sharp knife with snap off blades
- Cutting mat
- Fine pencil and notebook
- Big scissors
- Dividers if you have them
- Camera/phone to take images
All other equipment and materials will be supplied including card, PVA, rollers, paper strips for measuring. A few dividers will be available for sale.
During the morning we will explore:
- What is a slipcase ?
- Why do you want a slipcase ?
- A slipcase within a slipcase.
- Adding a ribbon to the slipcase design.
Show and Tell – We will also show and chat about other loose coverings for books such as chemises, wrappers and boxes – Please bring some to show if you have them.
Look forward to seeing you all there!