Please find below information for members about entering your works into the upcoming Canberra Craft Bookbinders’ Guild’s member exhibition for 2022.
What: GUILD 22 is the Canberra Craft Bookbinders’ Guild’s member exhibition for 2022
When: Exhibiting Friday 9 September to Saturday 1 October 2022
Where: Mezzanine Gallery of Canberra’s Civic Library
The exhibition will showcase recent work by members, including traditional and contemporary fine bindings, artist books, conservation projects and experimental structures. All members are encouraged to submit works for the exhibition and each member may submit up to three works that have been completed in the past three years and have not previously been included in a CCBG exhibition.
Members who prepared entries for the Guild’s 2021 Bind Challenge are encouraged to submit their challenge entry as one of their works.
Don’t feel daunted if you’ve not previously exhibited – it’s a great way to expose your work to a wider audience and you are guaranteed to get a real buzz from seeing your work on display on opening night.
Plenty of time left to prepare an entry – entries are closing at the AGM on 11th August.
Please contact Vicki (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any queries about the exhibition or the suitability of your work for submission.
Here are the terms and conditions for entering your works:
- Each member may submit up to three works that have been completed in the past three years and have not previously been included in a CCBG exhibition.
- Members who prepared entries for the Guild’s 2021 Bind Challenge are encouraged to submit their challenge entry as one of their works.
- The deadline for submission of works is Thursday 11 August.
- All entries are to be accompanied by a completed entry pro-forma
- To submit your work, it can be:
- posted to the CCBG, PO Box 4322, KINGSTON, ACT 2604 (at your expense),
- handed to Vicki Woolley at the Guild’s July morning meeting, Saturday 14 July or at the Annual General Meeting on Thursday 11 August.
- Or contact Vicki (email@example.com)) if you have any queries about the exhibition or if you would like to make other arrangements to deliver your works.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- The exhibition is not juried but space restrictions mean that it may not be possible to use all submitted pieces or to display large works.
- If not all submitted works can be displayed, selection will aim to achieve a balance between traditional and alternative works that reflects the diversity of book arts practice within the Guild.
- In submitting works for Guild 22, members agree that the Guild may use images of these works to promote the exhibition and/or the Guild.
- All reasonable care will be taken to protect works submitted for exhibition, but the Guild will not be liable for any exhibit that is damaged, destroyed, lost or stolen.
- Neither the Canberra Craft Bookbinders’ Guild nor Libraries ACT provides insurance cover for works submitted whilst in transit or on exhibition.
- Members submitting works for the exhibition will be contacted at the end of the exhibition to arrange the return of their works. Members whose preference is for the return of their works by post or courier should include correct postage or a pre-paid courier slip with their entry.
We look forward to receiving your wonderful works