GUILD 18 exhibition of members work Mezzanine Gallery, Civic Library, London Circuit, Canberra City. Friday 14 September 2018 to Saturday 6 October 2018 during normal library hours.
Call for entries for GUILD 18, this year’s Canberra Craft Bookbinders’ Guild’s member exhibition. The exhibition opening the evening of Friday 14 September 2018 and will run to Saturday 6 October 2018, in the mezzanine gallery of Canberra’s Civic Library. The exhibition will showcase recent work by members, including traditional and contemporary fine bindings, artist books, conservation projects, work made at a workshop and experimental structures. All members are encouraged to submit works for the exhibition.
The deadline for submission of works is 9.00pm on Thursday 9 August. Works should be posted/couriered (at your expense) or hand delivered together with a completed entry form which has been emailed to members, at either the Drop-In Saturday on 14 July or at the Guild’s Annual General Meeting at Hughes Community Centre on Thursday 9 August 2018.
· Each member may submit up to three works that have been completed in the past three years and have not previously been included in a CCBG exhibition.
· Members who prepared entries for the Guild’s 2017 Bind Challenge are encouraged to submit their challenge entry as one of their works.
· Late entries will not be accepted.
· The exhibition is not juried but space restrictions mean that it may not be possible to use all submitted pieces or to display large works.
· If not all submitted works can be displayed, selection will aim to achieve a balance between traditional and alternative works that reflects the diversity of book arts practice within the Guild.
· In submitting works for Guild 18, members agree that the Guild may use images of these works to promote the exhibition and/or the Guild.
· All reasonable care will be taken to protect works submitted for exhibition but the Guild will not be liable for any exhibit that is damaged, destroyed, lost or stolen.
· Neither the Canberra Craft Bookbinders’ Guild nor Libraries ACT provides insurance cover for works submitted whilst in transit or on exhibition.
· Members submitting works for the exhibition will be contacted at the end of the exhibition to arrange the return of their works. Members whose preference is for the return of their works by post or courier should include correct postage or a pre-paid courier slip with their entry.
Please contact admin at canberrabookbinders.org.au with any queries.